Applicants interested in applying to one of our fully funded 4-year Masters' Scholarship/Combined Categorical Tracks must submit the traditional categorical application in addition to a completed Master's application in order to be considered.
Scholarship applicants must apply through ERAS and match through the National Resident Matching Program. Please note, each track has its' own unique program code within ERAS and NRMP. If invited to interview for the Medical Education Scholarship Track, the interview day will count for both the scholarship track and categorical program. If applying to the Health Services Scholarship Track, you will be required to join our Health Services-specific afternoon interview session, in addition to a categorical interview day of your choice (see details below).
- Health Services: Concentrations available in Public Policy (MA through The University of Chicago Harris School of Public Policy) or Health Economics (MS for Clinical Professionals through The University of Chicago)
- NRMP Code: 1160320C4
- Medical Education (MHPE through the University of Illinois at Chicago)
- NRMP Code: 11060320C1
Our program only accepts applications through ERAS - all invitations and interviews are scheduled through the ERAS Interview Scheduler.
2023- 2024 Application Season
- Due date for receiving complete ERAS applications to the Pediatric Residency Program is Friday, December 1st, 2023 at 5:00pm CST. Should your entire file not be complete by then, it risks no longer being considered.
- Additional Master's degree applications are due to the Graduate Program of your choice by December 1st, 2023.
- ERAS Application Form
- CV (within ERAS)
- Dean's Letter (MSPE)
- Personal Statement - if applying for a scholarship track, PS should reflect specified interest in track
- At least 3 letters of recommendation, no more than 4 are required - The University of Chicago does not require a chairman's letter. If you would like to submit one, please make this your fourth letter of recommendation.
- USMLE Scores - Step I and Step II (when available)
- No Minimum Score Requirement
- Passing USMLE scores are not required prior to invitation to interview but are needed prior to admission to our program
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis as of the program start date. If sponsorship is needed, J-1 visas are preferred.