2020 - 2021 Application Season
- We will begin reviewing applications to the Pediatric Residency Program on October 21, 2020 at 8:00am CST. All ERAS applications must be complete by Monday, November 30, 2020. Should your entire file not be complete by then, it risks no longer being considered.
- ERAS Application Form
- CV (within ERAS)
- Dean's Letter (MSPE)
- Personal Statement - if applying for a scholarship track, PS should reflect specified interest in track
- We require at least 3 letters of recommendation, no more than 4 total. We do not require a Chair’s letter, but you are encouraged to submit one if available. A Chair’s letter can serve as 1 of the 3 required letters of recommendation.
- USMLE Scores - Step I and Step II (when available)
- Must Pass USMLE steps on the first attempt
- No Minimum Score Requirement
- Passing USMLE scores are not required prior to invitation to interview but are needed prior to admission to our program
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis as of the program start date. If sponsorship is needed, J-1 visas are preferred.
Please note that all application requirements listed above apply for International applicants. In addition, we require ECFMG certification prior to the match. We do not require prior U.S. clinical experience, but it is preferred. We do not have a cut-off date for year of graduation, but if there has been a significant break, we ask for explanation within your personal statement.
The University of Chicago Pediatric Residency Training Program does not discriminate against Osteopathic applicants and we hold MD and DO applicants to equally rigourous standards. Please note that all application requirements listed above apply for Osteopathic applicants. Of note, we will accept COMLEX scores in lieu of USMLE scores.
If you have further questions, or would like to speak with one of our current DO residents please reach out to our Residency Coordinator.