The Pediatric Medical Education Office welcomes your questions and comments regarding our educational training programs within the Department of Pediatrics at the University of Chicago. Please find details below regarding the following processes:
The Department of Pediatrics welcomes eligible Residents and Fellows to apply for visiting clinical electives. All applications will be reviewed and scheduled based on availability.
*Note to applicants - a completed application does not guarantee acceptance. Please do not make any travel arrangements until you are confirmed through the Pediatric Medical Education Office.General Requirements
- Resident/Fellow must be currently enrolled within an ACGME-accredited Residency or Fellowship
- Complete application must be received at least 8-weeks in advance of but no earlier than 16-weeks in advance of target start date
- Program Letter of Agreement must be created between Resident/Fellow home institution and University of Chicago Medicine
We must receive all of the following in order to review eligibility:
- Complete application with specific rotation dates requests - signed by applicant and Program Director - Please Note, this application has been updated and is now electronically fillable - UCM GME will only accept this application moving forward
- Copy of current State of Illinois medical license (temporary or permanent)
Letter from Applicant's Program Director stating:
- Resident/Fellow's good standing
- Malpractice coverage ($1,000,000/$3,000,000), salary, health, and life insurance will continue for the length of the rotation at UCM
- Resident/Fellow has successfully trained in HIPAA Compliance
- Health Screening Requirements (up-to-date) - see application for full details (as of October 1, 2017 - all visiting residents/fellows must also provide proof of flu vaccination)
- Copy of ECFMG Certificate (for International Medical School Graduates)
- Proof of Valid Visa Status for non-US citizens
- Recent Photograph
- Review the HIPAA Summary (attached to application) and submit the signed HIPAA Attestation form to GME
If your application is approved, all visiting Residents/Fellows will be required to schedule and attend an EPIC training session at the University of Chicago prior to the start of their rotation.
Please contact the Pediatric Medical Education Office Coordinator with any questions and send all completed application materials to us for processing.
Email all completed materials in pdf format to VisitingPedsRotation@peds.bsd.uchicago.edu
Please email all requests for Pediatric Residency and/or Pediatric Fellowships verifications to PedsVerification@peds.bsd.uchicago.edu
Please note: There may be fees associated with the requests
- Standard UCM Letter of Verification (only including dates of attendance and completion status) - no charge
- Customized Letter of Verification with notarized signature or Institution Seal - $25.00 fee
- Custom Verification Form - $75.00 fee (some exceptions apply)
All fees must be made payable (by check) to The University of Chicago - Pediatric Medical Education and received (via mail) prior to release of completed verification.
Pediatric Medical Education Office
Attn: Medical Education Office Coordinator - Shamika Sangster
5721 S. Maryland Ave.
K155 / MC8016
Chicago, IL 60637