Apply to the Pediatric Residency Program:
Applicants to the PL-1 year are accepted through the National Resident Matching Program. Our program only accepts applications through ERAS. For further information please see below or contact the Pediatric Residency Coordinator at (773) 702-6435 or email@example.com.
Applicants interested in one of our scholarship tracks, excluding the ABP approved research tracks, will find specific tracks listed on ERAS for these (Health Services [Public Policy and Health Economics], and Medical Education). To be eligible for interviews in these tracks, applicants must complete the distinct ERAS application for the track, as well as the master degree program applications. Degree applications must be completed by the time of the residency program interview.
- Due date for receiving applications to the Pediatric Residency Program is Wednesday, November 1st, 2017 at 5:00pm CST. All applications must be complete by Friday, December 1st, 2017. Should your entire file not be complete by December 1st, 2017, it risks no longer being considered.
Your application through ERAS must include:
- ERAS Application Form
- CV (within ERAS)
- Dean's Letter (MSPE)
- Personal Statement - if applying for a scholarship track, PS should reflect specified interest in track
- At least 3 letters of recommendation, no more than 4 are required - The University of Chicago does not require a chairman's letter. If you would like to submit one, please make this your fourth letter of reccomendation.
USMLE Scores - Step I and Step II (when available)
- Must Pass USMLE steps on the first attempt
- No Minimum Score Requirement
- Passing USMLE scores are not required prior to invitation to interview but are needed prior to admission to our program
Child Neurology Applicants
Applicants interested in the 5-year Child Neurology/Pediatrics Program, click here.
Please note that all application requirements listed above apply for International applicants. In addition, we require ECFMG certification prior to the match. We do not require prior U.S. clinical experience, but it is preferred. We do not have a cut-off date for year of graduation, but if there has been a significant break, we ask for explanation within your personal statement.
The University of Chicago Pediatric Residency Training Program only sponsors J1 visas.
The University of Chicago Pediatric Residency Training Program does not discriminate against Osteopathic applicants and we hold MD and DO applicants to equally rigourous standards. Please note that all application requirements listed above apply for Osteopathic applicants. Of note, we will accept COMLEX scores in lieu of USMLE scores.
If you have further questions, or would like to speak with one of our current DO residents please reach out to our Administrator.